SHARING TIPS :
With the sizes and shapes defined, here are some tips on picking out a good Cuban cigar !
1. Examine the wrapper (outermost layer). Look for gaps, tears, bumps or anything wrong in the construction, as it will cause issues while trying to enjoy the cigar.
2. Also, the shape should be consistent and even. The cigar should be firm all over meaning it is well filled with tobacco.
3. The cigar should have uniform color with no signs of mottled or spots, which can indicated spoiled tobacco or improper storage.
4. Stay away from cigars that feel dry or brittle that is caused from improper humidor storage.
5. Finally, smell the cigar. A lot of the taste can be previewed by the smell. So find one that smells appealing to you.
With these tips in mind, you’ll have a good starting point for when you go to the cigar shop to pick out one.
However, it is always a good idea to ask for help if you have questions because the staff working in a La Casa Del Habano at Mandarin Oriental will have a lot of knowledge of the cigars they are selling.